so–let’s be honest, everyone enjoys a nice cup of coffee every now and again, but for Starbucks addicts its a daily must-have. As a Starbucks barista, I can say from first hand experience, how nasty people get before they have their coffee or even just because they have some kind of frou frou drink they think I’ll mess up. I’d have to say some of my most annoying customers have committed at least one of these “please don’ts” to me. So next time you’re thinking about ordering from Starbucks (or any coffee shop for that matter) remember how easy it is for us to slip those decaf shots into your espresso drink or switch out your whole milk for nonfat…we may not fight back verbally–but hey, I’m in charge of what happens behind the bar.
1. Never say can I get a “frappe” This is Starbucks, not McDonalds.
2. Don’t ever say can I get a “blah blah blah” frappuccino off the “secret menu” it doesn’t exist. Now if you wanna say can I get a “vanilla bean frappuccino with raspberry syrup in it” sure! I can do that for you! don’t assume I know what a cotton candy frap is.
3. Don’t come in ordering a Double Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino and say “OMG I NEED MY CAFFEINE” That is a CREAM based frappuccino…there is no caffeine in there whatsoever! ((except for the sugar content what have you.))
4. Don’t say you need a venti hot drink cause it has more coffee in it…believe it or not the grande and the venti hot coffees call for the same amount of espresso shots!
5.Don’t tell me that my cappuccino is made incorrectly…YES it is supposed to have that much foam.
6. Also, please do not correct me when I repeat your order back correctly. you said large…i politely read back venti. don’t say NO A LARGE.
7. Don’t stand at the end of the bar and say OH, I forgot can I get soy? Honey–I just put the lid on your drink and I have a line of about 30 drinks.
8. Get off the phone pleeeeasssse
9. If you order a drink at 200 degrees, it will burn your mouth…don’t give it back to me and say its too hot.
10. also please don’t order a white mocha, and then after I hand it out to you say oh…that was supposed to be a frappuccino…